(?) How-to add ports to connector objects

Author
Steven W Falces
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sometimes I want to connect the ends of two (or more) connectors together. I know that it's possible to add ports to objects, including adding them to connectors, but I'm not good at controlling where the ports appear on the object. This is particularly troublesome (for me) with Bezier curve connectors. I'd like to add a port to each end of the connector; the ports should move with the connector's ends.

Anybody know how?
New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Steven W Falces - 10/15/2019
Sometimes I want to connect the ends of two (or more) connectors together. I know that it's possible to add ports to objects, including adding them to connectors, but I'm not good at controlling where the ports appear on the object. This is particularly troublesome (for me) with Bezier curve connectors. I'd like to add a port to each end of the connector; the ports should move with the connector's ends.

Anybody know how?

New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Attached to this post is a MyDraw drawing, containing a bezier curve with two ports attached to the begin and end points of the curve. The result is achieved with expressions that bind the ports coordinates to the coordinates of the geometry begin and end points. For more information about expressions and formulas see these topic:

http://helpopenvision.nevron.com/#Expressions.html
http://helpopenvision.nevron.com/#Formulas%20Overview.html

Attachments
BezierWithPorts.zip (559 views, 7.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...